Mountains are a challenge. When you are under them, they motivate you to climb up to the summit. Once you reach the summit, you are looking forward to racing down.
Name: Milan Damek
Year of birth: 1992
Thanks to the fact that my parents have always been sporty, I had the chance to literally grow up at the highest mountain in Beskydy mountains, Czech Republic. That is why mountains and sports are both my biggest interest and hobby. In winter, I go skiing on every possible type of skies, except the jumping ones, in summer, I enjoy riding a mountain bike. I also like going running or take a stroll in the mountains. I started Cross Country mountain biking in early youth categories. I am a Junior Czech Champion in MTB half marathon and a multiple Academic Champion in Extreme Relay Race. I graduated from Bachelor’s degree in Sports management at VŠB-TU Ostrava, Czech Republic.
I am a rider of an Italian mountain bike team Bike World which focuses on stage races. These races are a combination of travelling, nature, sport and team cooperation, and belongs amongst the toughest but also most beautiful sport disciplines full of emotions. I got fully engaged in this particular discipline after my participation in Epic Israel Race.
- UCI S1 Belgian Mountainbike Challenge – 16th place
- UCI S1 Epic Israel 2017 (ISR) – 6th place
- UCI S2 Transmaurienne Vanoise 2017 (FRA) – 13th place
- Beskidy MTB Trophy (POL) – 2nd place
- Outdoor Trophy (AUT) – 4th place
- Bike Čeladná 2017 – 4th place
- Gran Fondo Is Trebinas 2017 (ITA) – 1st place
- UCI C3 XCM Premantura Rocky Trail 2016 (HRV) – 6th place
- MČR XC UPHill 2016 – 4th place
- Jezernické viaducts 2016 – 1st place
- REDBULL DOLOMITENMANN 2016 (AUT) – 5th place
- REDBULL ELEMENTS – 4th place
- CREAM Bike Čeladná 2015 – 2nd place