JAKUB MERLE TESTED CYCLING PRODUCTS ON HERO DOLOMITES SÜDTIROL 2022
23. 06. 2022
The racing environment is the perfect choice for a cycling clothing stress test! Jakub Merle tested the cycling products CORRIDOR-M and MURIA-M at HERO DOLOMITES 2022.
The racing environment is the perfect choice for a cycling clothing stress test!
The longest race distance of the HERO DOLOMITES is 86 km with an elevation gain of 4500m. Not only the athlete, but also the equipment gets a serious workout throughout the race! Whether it's dust, rocks, forest vegetation that rubs off on you or the excessive sweat you produce, it's always important to have clothing that lasts and feels comfortable!
My personal choice was the Kilpi CORRIDOR-M RM0308KI cycling jersey. This is the highest-class product line for cycling! This means that the jersey must be tight on the body and fit the athlete nicely, this causes the jersey to wick away sweat very well and dry quickly on the descents!
The cut is comfortable, the seams are flat and cannot be felt, the zipper at the neck does not constrict and the sleeves are pliable to the actual tension of the arms and do not restrict blood flow to the muscles! The bottom hem of the jersey is equipped with silicone elastic to prevent it from rolling up, which is advantageous when the rider moves upwards, while the bottom hem does not constrict the abdomen and does not lead to unpleasant sensations in the abdominal area!
- SWEATING: really high, logically in the hills you sweat through and through, however, during the downhill and for a small moment the jersey is dry!
- DURABLE: when rubbed against branches, the jersey does not show signs of damage, the material is resistant!
- POCKET LOAD: even when loaded to the maximum, i.e.: two inner tubes, 10x gel, 2x banana, service material and CO2 bombs, the pockets do not tear, do not change in size and are easily accessible. The zippered pocket that I placed my mobile phone in for emergencies has also lasted and the zipper has worked and continues to work well!
The choice of cycling shorts is then the alpha omega, addressing weight, breathability and a comfortable inner liner! My choice fell on the completely black MURIA-M RM0215KIBLK. This is again the ultimate item! The inner liner is made of COOLMAX, this material is very popular among cyclists and promises to deliver that you sit as if you were sitting on a couch. It absorbs well and wicks sweat away from the body!
Braces are sometimes a big problem because they cut or are stiff. With the MURIA-M it is different, the braces are pliable, the seams do not fray and the braces withstand higher tension, so that they do not stretch an inch! The braces are also fitted with two pockets in the back, some people use them for storing valuables, but the reason for these pockets is different. These are pockets for radios or locators carried by racers, anyway, everyone will use them according to their own needs! For example, a mobile phone or wallet can fit in your pockets!
The bottom hem is non-slip and guarantees a fixed position on the leg!
- SWEATING: quick-drying, in a few minutes downhill or longer on the flat the shorts are dry in no time.
- DURABILITY: I had one fall on the gravel, no damage to the shorts. An example of durability is my two years of cycling 12800km in one piece!
- LOAD: at maximum power and sweating, the inner liner does not roll, it remains stable. Overall, you don't know about the shorts!
In addition to the above, I was also wearing a Kilpi NETTY-U tank top in white RU0303KIWHT. It is an ultra-light, so-called perforated tank top that fits incredibly well on the body! It absorbs sweat like a sponge and can not only cool you down, but also warm you up when you get sweaty! I use NETTY-U not only for cycling but also running, it has been an integral part of my athletic performance since its launch!
The tank top MUST fit your body like a second skin, otherwise it won't work as it should!
Experience from the race, but also during training:
- Quick drying
- Four-way elasticity = second skin
- The seams are flat, they don't rub.
- In the summer it cools, in the winter it warms!
The lifetime of a tank top with daily use is an estimated two years, but it depends on how you take care of the tank top!
This review has been prepared for you by:
Ambassador for the Kilpi Racing TEAM